September 1, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll !!

Photo credit
Hey ya'll!

I want to thank everyone for your prayers and sweet emails while I was MIA having my surgery.  I'm still on the mend and a little sore in my elbow but so much better, PTL!  Physical Therapy has helped so much with regaining range of motion in my elbow and strengthening and regaining full use of my hand. Still occasionally have some weird nerve pain in my hand but praying that the nerve transposition surgery in my elbow is healing properly and there is no permanent nerve damage to my hand. Able to use my hand better now and hope to get back in my blogging grove real soon!!  Again, THANK YOU, for your friendship and prayers. Each of you bless my heart so and I count it an honor to pray for you as well!!  I'm always amazed how the Holy Spirit brings your faces or maybe something you posted or your blog name to my heart and mind and prompts me to pray.......I count it an honor to lift you before the Throne of Grace.  Isn't it amazing how He's using this bloggy thing to strengthen and encourage one another in our journey!  He's Awesome, isn't He!!!

Pumpkin Spice Lattee ~ Yippee!
We'll, I just couldn't resist officially bidding the Summer goodbye and welcoming Fall, ya'll! September 1st is always my line of demarkation and I'm sooo ready for a change! How 'bout you?  I realize that it's still a tad bit warm is some parts (Phoenix will be 107 tomorrow!) but there's a hint of fall in the Northern Arizona mountains where I live and some of the leaves are beginning to turn.  My husband and I sat out on our deck and starred gazed last night and had to wrap up in a blanket - love it!  And it won't be long before the vibrant hues of gold, orange and deep reds will adorn the landscape, the fire place will be crackling and the smell of pumpkin pie and apple cider will fill the air AND Starbucks will start carrying their pumpkin spice lattee....oh yeah!...just can't wait!.... glory hallelujah, ya'll!



Walmart got my favorite Pumpkin Spice candles in the other day and I've already stocked up - whoo! hoo!  They are by far the most fragrant candles I've ever purchased and recommend you check them out.  I started burning one a few days ago and my home really smell's like Paula Deen is cooking up some decadent, calorie loaded, whipped cream covered, yummy pumpkin something or other in my kitchen, ya'll!  I love it!!





Oh, and I just gotta show you the treasure I found at my fav thrift store the other day.....a pumpkin soup tureen!  I'll probably never use it to serve soup, but love displaying it on my buffet for decorating purposes (thanks HGTV!) and waalaa, I have another touch of Fall, ya'll!!

Well, change is certainly in the air.  The seasons are a'changing and the "next" is upon us.  I've often wondered what triggers nature to subtly begin her transition to the next seasons.  His creation peacefully and without hesitation or resistance just flows with His purpose and grand design.  Change is a constant and therein lies a great contradiction.  If there's one thing that I've learned along life's journey with the Lord, it's the certainty that my course will forever eb, flow and change and my part in His "next" is to - like nature - keep moving forward without hesitation or resistance and stay ever so close to His heart and keep pressing forward by faith.  That's why it's called a "Faith walk" not a "Faith sprint or marathon". It's within each next step and season of life that we grow and find ever increasing meaning and purpose in the plans He's has for each of us.  Change can be hard....leaving the familiar comfort zones of life requires faith and trust in the One who is leading us onward.  I once heard the phrase "you're not truly living until you're on an adventure with God".  Stepping out in faith into the next season of life can be a real challenge.  But not doing so can result in missing out on seasons of awesome, strong-hold destroying, freedom finding, life-changing, faith-building, outrageous adventures with God - and isn't that what real living is all about!!

Oh and what an awesome Starter and Finisher He is!  He knows exactly where we are and what season we're in and what the next season holds and longs to put His loving arms around our shoulders and walk us through our "next's" and bring us through to the finish line in victory!  Yes, nature's seasons are changing, but I sense in my Spirit that there are subtle winds of change blowing by His Spirit upon many of us.  I say, "yes, Lord" you'll be with me before, during, after and beyond and I don't want to miss one moment of an adventure with God!!  How 'bout you?

Press on all you God Adventurers......There's a new season just ahead!!

He is Faithful!!

Luv, Hugs and Sweet Fall Blessings!

Photobucket
Pin It!

29 comments:

Nana Jul said...

Jackie what a GREAT post! I'm so glad you are doing well!! Keep pressing into HIM! I'm looking forward to the "next" with Jesus! Change is a certainty...and quite an adventure with God! It's a Wild ride for sure! Missed ya!
Love,
Julie

Beth E. said...

I've missed you, Jackie! It's great to see a post from you again. Looking forward to all of your blog comments, too. ;-) I'm so glad you are recovering well from your surgery.

Fall (y'all) is one of my favorite times of the year. Now that it's officially fall (y'all), I can begin decorating. I'll start tomorrow, and the decorations can stay up through Thanksgiving. I like being able to keep them up for a long time.

Love, love, love that soup tureen! Favorite thrift store, huh? You've got my curiosity going now!

Hugs...
P.S. You are sounding more and more like a southerner! Now you just have to get that Appa-LATCH-ian Mountain hillbilly twang like I have! ;-)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I am glad to hear you are getting better. I have missed your post. I have been getting ready for Fall and preparing my little grandbaby a room at my house. I too LOVE Starbucks Pumpkin Latte!!! Also bought some pumkin spice candles and lit them tonight.
So good to know you are well my friend.
Blessings,
Bren

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh boy Jackie... I am SO with you on this beautiful post!! It's so hot in Texas right now, and I can only slightly feel that pumpkin and fall thing coming... it's still down the road, but I am MORE than ready!

So very happy to hear that you're doing well, and I trust 'mama' is also. Still praying for each of you!

Hugs! and I'm so happy to see you back!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Jackie, My sweet friend, What a wonderful post. I enjoy everything that you write. You are such a blessing and I continue to pray for your healing.

I am a Banana LOL ... Not a Cracker. Went back for a recheck and the nurse at the hospital had told me a different measurement. I'll take 3 CM though. Hopefully a Bagel soon:) Much Love,

Nana's Nuggets said...

Good Morning Jackie, so happy to hear from you! and that you are feeling better! I have been helping my son since his surgery a couple of wks., ago. He had the repair surgery for a "torn ratator cuff", has been so uncomfortable! I had this surgery a few yrs.ago, and it is a long recovery as well! Ouch!! but so happy to read your bright colorful blog! just love those colors:), and I will get one of those candles! Love my candles! Oh! yeah, sounded so yummy! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh so nice to have you back Jackie!
I so enjoyed this post and I tell ya... I could almost smell that candle! lol
The soup tureen is so pretty. It definitely captures the season.
Like you, I don't know what's next - but I know and rest in the One who does. And I don't want to miss one moment of His great move either.
Hallelujah. GREAT POST!

Debbie said...

What a GREAT post. Soo glad to hear that you are doing better. YAY!! And still hot in California, but I do "feel" Fall in the air....Going to dig out a few of my fall decs today too. Seems like soo many of us enjoy this season. I bought a Apple Cider candle yesterday and it is wonderful...Have a good day. HUGS

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Jackie, so glad to hear you are on the mend. How's your mother doing? I always fight letting go of summer and refuse to decorate for fall until Oct. 1. But I have to tell you, your post is inspiring me...so I just might start sooner this year! I will check out those candles at Wal*Mart, which is only 1.6 miles from me! Oh, and YES LORD, I SAY YES! Take care!

Sandy said...

So glad you're continuing to
recover, Jackie. Been missing
your sweet presence here on
the web. I am with you on
being ready for fall. I can
just taste pumpkin pie and
ice cream now. After looking
at your pictures I want to
get up into the attic and
bring out all my fall decor.
Love,
Sandy

Saleslady371 said...

You are a sweetie to share your pumpkin candle trick. I love the smell of it too and I like so many here love fall. Still hot days here but the nights are cool as you said! So glad you are back to posting although I feel close to you in prayer! I love it when you talk about your faith!

Still praying,
Mary

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm just thrilled your surgery went well. Woohoo...God is good!

Although I'm quite smitten with your gorgeous pumpkin soup server I'm hangin' on to summer with all my might. A horrific case of stinkin' shingles stole my summer this year and I love fall but hate what follows. Nope, not a winter chick or a snow bunny. I'm never ready for those winter ice storms we get here in the Ozarks. 'Nuff said!

God bless ya and have an extraordinary day!!!

Beth Herring said...

oh, jackie - i have missed you! i am so glad that you are doing ok.

i love those candles too! i can't have anything burning that has a flowery kind of smell, but love the spicey smells.

looking forward to hearing more from you !

rcubes said...

Hi sister Jackie! I'm glad you're starting to feel better with your operated elbow. May the Lord's healing cover you.

I'm tired of the heat, too. I just prefer the cooler weather, I wish year round. And sipping my coffee frappuccino, it's just much better drinking the mocha on a cooler weather!

Love your "Fall" spirit! God bless you sister and may you have a wonderful weekend!

Andrea said...

Jackie,
First, I must apologize for not being there for you. No emails from me. I have been praying. I can't look at Sitka without thinking of you with your big dogs. I pray your physical therapy goes well.

Thank you so much for your love and prayers. I know you have continued to pray for your missing friend and I treasure your friendship b/c of the person you are....beautiful inside and out!

Blessings, hugs, and lots of prayers,
andrea

Unknown said...

Sure do love the new season of fall as well! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures.

That cool breeze is blowing. Excited about college football, hay rides, fall festivals, and all that comes along with this season.

Glad you are healing up and doing better.

Blessings,
Melanie

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Thank you Jackie! Your posts are always so encouraging to me. I like how you put it with us being on a "Faith Walk" through every season of life. I don't know what I'd do without my Lord holding my hand and walking with me.

Love all of your autumn decor. Gets me in the mood this Saturday to get my house looking like Fall too.

Blessings to you my friend,
Lee Ann

Karen said...

Great post Jackie and glad to hear you are feeling better.May our Lord continue to bless you with healing.Great to have you back

Karen said...

Now I just loved your reflections on the changing seasons and our "faith walk"...fall is my favorite time of the year, too...

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those gorgeous colors on your header! You certainly beat me to it as far as welcoming fall. It is by far my favorite season of all. Of course, down here in Florida we get none of it but my husband and I have such beautiful memories of trips to New England. By the way, Pumpkin Spice is my favorite candle fragrance too. I purchased mine two weeks ago.

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Warm thoughts for you, Anne Marie and all your loved ones.

Terri Tiffany said...

I am glad to see you on the mend:)))

Yolanda said...

Jackie,

everything in your home looks so lovely and isn't fall simply divine?

Love,
Yolanda

PS: my word verification: tastes

Makes me think: Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!

Denise said...

I too am so ready for change.. The summer of 2010 has brought about changes that I did not want but HE is always in control.... I will bid 2010 goodbye and look to the future with hope.......

I am so sorry that I have not been around and I missed you having to have surgery..... I will pray for a very speedy recovery...

Have a great Sunday.........

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

super great post and your header is breath taking

Loved reading your blog...Have a great holiday weekend.
I have a GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT GIVEAWAY on my blog...drawing on Mon.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh I love the soup tureen. Beautiful. I also love the gorgeous wooden unit on which is sits. And I love the clock beside the tureen!
All in all, I think you can safely say - I love it!
Also - glad to see you're on the mend.
Love, Anne x

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh I love the soup tureen. Beautiful. I also love the gorgeous wooden unit on which is sits. And I love the clock beside the tureen!
All in all, I think you can safely say - I love it!
Also - glad to see you're on the mend.
Love, Anne x

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Hi, Jackie~

What a great post. I am so ready for cooler temps. Fall is my favorite time of year. The sights, the scents......AMAZING!

Glad to hear that you are recovering well from your surgery.

Sending lots of love and ((((hugs)))) your way!

Blessings~
Laura

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Loved seeing your fall decorations! I just finished a piece of fresh pumpkin pie so it was very "fitting". ha

Glad you're feeling better!

God bless,

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Debbie Petras said...

Believe me, I understand that it doesn't feel like fall yet in Phoenix. But it's fun to bring out the fall decorations and we can make believe, right?

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails