November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte Luv!


Hey Ya'll!

I just love this time of the year, don't you!  Chilly mornings, leaves crunching underfoot AND Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattee's, Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins, Pumpkin Scones with creamy icing and Pumpkin Bread Loaf!!! Yummy!  I LOVE all things pumpkin!  

Yesterday was yet another difficult day for me at the nursing home with my sweet mama.  I'm thankful she was having a better day and I treasure every moment I have with her, but the reality of her diminishing health and seeing her like this breaks my heart and takes an emotional toll on me.....I'm just being real, ya'll!  I know that the Lord is with her and gently walking her (and me) through this last season of her life, thank the Lord!  But observing my once vibrant Southern Belle sweet Mama coping with such frailties and physical challenges is some days more than I can emotionally bare (real again!)!

As I tearfully drove out of the nursing home parking lot yesterday with a heavy heart and heavy sighs, I began to wish I could just get away from it all for a moment and take a little break.  You know, a moment where you can press the pause button, take a deep breath and shake off the heaviness of the stuff of life! And suddenly, I remembered the Starbucks gift card that I had in my purse from 
Beth Endeans wonderful giveaway package I received the other day!!!  And wouldn't you know it, a Starbucks just happened to be right around the corner! Hallelujah!!

Oh and I must stop here and show you a pic of the winning goodies I received from Beth!  By now you know I absolutely LOVE a Starbucks gift card and the two Christmas ornaments she surprised me with are just adorable...LOVE them too....Thank you Beth!!

Thanks Beth!!!

Continuing on at Starbucks  : ))......

I unashamedly lusted drooled over all the aforementioned profusely decadent pumpkin pastries but resisted the temptation to TOTALLY blow my diet (note the last piece of pumpkin loaf in pastry case above that I ALMOST had to have :)) ) and only ordered my fav Pumpkin Spice Latte, decaf!  As I was waiting to order, I noticed a gal in line who looked vaguely familiar sweetly smiling towards my direction but wasn't sure if her smile was directed at me or not.  You know, one of those awkward situations where you're not sure if they are smiling at you or someone behind you.   A few moments later she approached me and asked if I was Chris and Laraine's mom and also asked about Katie.  She began to  share that years ago we attended the same church in Phoenix and she was friends with my kids and remembered me also and had moved to live in the same small N. AZ town that I now live in.  My memory was delightfully jogged and we stood and talked about the Lord and the importance of the Body of Christ loving  and accepting one another unconditionally based upon our Love of Jesus as our Lord and Saviour!!  Her radiant smile, sweet spirit, laughter and conversation so ministered to my sagging heart and emotions.  Our brief time together was just what I needed!  And I thought it was for the luv of a Pumpkin Latte that I was being drawn there! Nope, it was His Love setting me up and drawing me to a Divine Starbucks encounter that would refresh my soul, strengthen my heart and lift my head!

He's AWESOME isn't HE!  He is the One who notices when we are sad and dispairing and ministers strength and hope to our hearts and emotions and lifts our head again!

But You, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord
and 
He answers me......
Psalm 3:3-4 NIV



  Thank you Beth!  

Thank you Jessica!

THANK YOU JESUS!


HE IS FAITHFUL!

Love and Hugs and Sweet Blessings!






Photobucket


Pumpkin photo via Google Images
Pin It!

15 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Hi Sister Jackie...I made a promise not to go to Starbucks starting today...But how can I do that? What if the Lord brings someone or something if I'm there? Like yours.

To me, not only did the Lord cheer you up by giving you that favorite drink but brought a sister in Christ for a good conversation to lift up your spirit. I pray that His comfort will cover you, same for your mom and that she will remain strong in His power. Same with you. God bless you sister Jackie and hmmm....maybe I'll make a short run to Starbucks... :)

Beth Herring said...

I had a pumpkin latte at Seattles Best and it was delicious!

Love all your loot you won from our sweet friend Beth!

Sandy said...

Hey Jackie,
Enjoyed your post today. You
look so happy there with your
pumpkin spice latte!
I am sorry your dear mother is
having such a hard time. I pray
the Lord's peace will surround
her and that all of you will
find strength in the days and
weeks ahead.
Love,
Sandy

Debbie said...

Oh Jackie how I identify with this post. Must be our age. I too am dealing with the aging of my mom. Since her stroke she is really doing soo much better, and yet she is just not herself. She struggles with her emotions almost as much as the other issues. And is just soo not my mom. How hard it is to watch and know that at 78 she is most likely entering the last season in her life. How I pray she doesn't struggle and suffer. How glad I am that the Lord brought you right to that place and that time for a devine encounter with Him. Your right...He just soo blesses us. I love all things pumpkin too. Just soo yummy. Have a good day. HUGS, Debbie

Beth E. said...

I just love it when God places someone in our path to bless and encourage us. That young woman was a divine appointment!

I'm glad you enjoyed your pumpkin latte'. I love all things pumpkin, too!

Praying for you and your precious mother...

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Jackie, so happy to hear from you! I loved your post today! WoW! God is Good! and how devinely that appointment was already made first, you needed that sweet gift of taste, and second God already was there~ with the meeting that took place! I just love how God works!And on top of that He knew that you needed the sweet gift, because He already had that all planned! And how I have already walked this path with my Mom, oh! girl for about 7 yrs., some days all I could do was drive around, I just could not go in! But I do know this is that "His Grace is Sufficient"~ Thank you Lord! I will Pray for you! Have a wonderful Thursday! May the Lord give you Peace as you walk with Him!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Oh my sweet sister in Christ. I want you to know that you can e-mail me anytime. You know that my mom went home to heaven about 1 year ago. It was a difficult time for me . . . watching her human body wasting away. I recall those days of leaving her and crying uncontrolable in my car. Listen to me my friend God is with you HE is with your sweet mama. You are in my prayers I love you and I understand what you are going through. God bless you and enjoy those times and friends that God send into your life.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren

Sheryl said...

wow...how i love this!! we never know how HE is going to work in our lives. asking God right now to bring you & your sweet mama to mind so that i will remember to pray.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So happy that you got your Starbucks, then met an old friend. Sounds like it was, a wonderful cheering up.
kim

Saleslady371 said...

Praying for you, Jackie, as you visit your mom and go through this time. The Starbuck's experience was awesome!

Linda said...

Hi Jackie,
I love this time of year too! Love the Fall and all the beautiful colours.
I love Starbucks and my favourite right now is Gingerbread Latte! I enjoy this and all too soon they run out and the season is over!
Praying for you and your Mom.
Blessings and hugs.

Patrinas Pencil said...

You never cease to make me smile! You are a hoot and a half. :)

God is faithful!

Sorry that your mama is declining. this is hard to watch. I don't know why they have to linger so long when their quality of life is gone.

love your fall decoration on your blog. Very colorful.

have a great weekend
patrina <")>><

LisaShaw said...

Hi Jackie,

The LORD is so good to us in how He knows our needs--even the need of sweet encouragement! He gave that through you through Beth's gift and that's awesome!

Praying for your special moments with your Mama! Praying for her...

Much love!

P.S. Posted your LOAM message this morning. Thank you for being obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading when I asked you to share your heart. Love you!

Debbie Petras said...

Jackie, I also love all things pumpkin! I love this time of year in Phoenix as it is starting to cool off a bit.

I also love to read how the Lord comforted you by 'happening' to meet up with a like minded friend at just the right time. And Beth is a sweetheart! Nothing like a Starbucks' gift card to buy a taste treat.

I know how hard it is to see your mom decline slowly. It was difficult as my mom suffered such pain in her last years. But God is faithful. Take one day at a time and don't think too far into the future. Enjoy those moments with your mom while you can.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Hi Jackie, I just LOVE Divine Appointments! So glad our great God blessed you with one just at the right time. Well sometime this week I intend to make a stop at Starbucks as I have my giftcard from you already in my purse! The beautiful candle fits perfectly in my downstairs half bath, the kitchen towel is hanging on my stove handle, I've already used the beautiful mug, and I can't WAIT to use the beautiful journal! Thank you again...you are such a blessing. Praying for you as you see your sweet mama through the winter of her life. I know it's hard for you, and for your kids too. God be with you friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails