February 14, 2011

UPDATE ON KATIE....

Hey Ya'll.....

I want to thank each of you wonderful bloggin' prayer warrior friends for praying for my daughter, Katie.  Your prayers, emails and encouraging words have blessed my heart and greatly ministered to Katie.  I stand amazed at how God has blessed me with such wonderful sisters in the Lord through the blog world!!   Katie is home from the hospital now but we would appreciate your continued prayer as she recovers....we are believing for complete and total healing.....In Jesus Mighty Name!!  I will keep you posted.

Since my last post about Katie, I've been totally out of commission......sick as a dawg!! 


Had  reservations to fly to Katie's tomorrow but had to cancel....SOOO BUMMED!!  What started as a simple sore throat a week ago developed into some sort of really bad flu crud/bronchitis thang that's really hit me hard and has been such a drag....even lost my voice....difficult for a yakker like me....but haven't really felt like yaking anyway!   I used wisdom this time and went to bed and practically haven't raised my head accept to lay on the couch and then back to bed since last Wednesday, so I apologize for not getting back with so many of you that commented or emailed me about praying for Katie....Haven't even felt well enough to get on the computer or anything much....But please know that I appreciate you so much and praying for you as well! 

Last year I had a similar flu crud that settled in my chest and resulted in pneumonia with bronchial spasms (unable to breathe..VERY, VERY SCARY!) and ended up in the ER twice.  This time I chose to NOT keep going full steam ahead like I usually do and went to the doc, taking my meds and using my inhaler, and getting plenty of rest, rest, rest!  My fare for the last week has pretty much been gallons of water, 

copious amounts of green hot tea with honey and lemon, and vast quantities of chicken soup while I've been holed up under my fav buckin' bronc fleece blanket. And as you can see, it's my Maggie Kittie's fav as well!
Uh, don't laugh at my blanket, ya'll.....I've got other cozy, fuuuffeee girly ones, but my cowboy chic one is my very fav.....It's truely is the most buttery fleece blanket ever!!  Plus I'm a cowgirl at heart and the retro buckin' bronc print is a throw back to my child hood so maybe that's why I luv it so....Uh, come to think of it, I'm ready to crawl right back under it as soon as I finish this post....(I'm almost done Maggie...I'll be right there)!

I hope you've had a wonderful Valentines Day, sweet friends.  Mine has been kinda yucky and my sweetie's plans for Olive Garden had to be scratched.  I hear him in the kitchen now warming up my soup....not very romantic, but that's the best it's gonna get for now!!!


Praying that I get over this soon and back to blog visiting and reading what's been happening in your bloggy corner of the world!  You really bless and encourage me, sweet friends!  

HAPPY VALENTINES YA'LL!
You are Loved...Oh, how He Loves you and Me!
Have an abundantly blessed week!


HE IS FAITHFUL!

Love, Big Hugs and Sweet Blessings!

Photobucket
Pin It!

17 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for the update sweety. Prayers continue for you and sweet Katie. You are loved.

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Praying that both of you are on the road to recovery! God is Good!!

~Beth

Amrita said...

Get well soon both of you. Take care

Debbie said...

Every blessing He pours out, we turn back to praise...

So PRAISE Him for His healing hand on Katie. He is wonderful, isn't he?

And so I lift her up for continued healing, and lift her mom right there with her for complete healing herself. I'm very glad you showed wisdom with that flu.

Debbie said...

Oh Jackie this sounds horrible! I too had pneumonia last year and it has left me in dread of ever getting it again. It was soo terrible and I was soo sick for 3 weeks, and weak for another couple after that. I will pray you get well quickly. I am sorry you had to cancel your plans to see your daughter. Hoping and praying she is well on her way to recovery too. I love that your hubby was making your soup...sounds like you have been quite blessed in that department. REST and get well soon....HUGS

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Jackie, Sweet Sister, praying for you as we speak! and I know what it feels like to have one of your children in distress! I too have just recently went through a very sick time w/my daughter, in fact 2 hospitals stays in a months time! but God is so good, that His Grace was sufficient! she is doing much better! Thank you! Lord! Hope you feel better @ better! will con't.prayers for both of you:) PS~ I loved that Love Letter!

Nene said...

I pray for you sister, for a quick recovery today, this week!! May this time of rest be a sweet time of renewing for you. At these times it always gets us to look no other way but in HIS ARMS. :) I know how much you love to be in God's presence, as you are a true authentic warrior and inspiration to many. I Miss you... Both you and your daughter are in my deepest thoughts and prayers at this time Jackie!! Love, Hugs and Prayers, Nene

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Jackie,
Hubby did manage to take me to Olive Garden yesterday for lunch. I laughed at him when he said, hon that wasn't too bad. I am so glad Katie is doing better ... I know it is difficult to be a way from her right now. Right now I am saying a word of prayer for YOU my friend. Get better soon and take hubby to Olive Garden. LOL
Blessings,
Bren

Chatty Crone said...

I pray both you and your daughter well - and that you can get there soon to see her. Happy Valentines Day. sandie

Saleslady371 said...

Praying for you, Jackie, to fully recover and your Katie, too!
Hugs,
Mary

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

YIKES Jackie!! How did I miss this about Katie?? I am so thankful to hear that she is doing better, but please know that she is in my prayers, and you too, Mama!!

xo

Denise said...

I am so sorry that you are not well but I am thankful to hear that Katie is better....... I will continue to pray... NOW I will pray for you..... IT has been a tough few weeks here.. Had something that settled in my ears and gave me vertigo so bad could not walk down the hall or drive a car for weeks....... Mercy!

You take care my friend and I will pray for your health to be returned to you completely......

Rest........ it is good for the body...

Beth Herring said...

praying for you and your sweet daughter! there is nothing fun about being sick, but a warm blanket and a good hot cup of tea or coffee sure does help!

Beth E. said...

Take care of yourself, sweet friend! And I like that buckin' bronco blanket! ;-)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love your blanket....and please feel better....praying for you and for Katie....☺

Deborah Ann said...

Thanks for the update. I was going to email you today, but then I ended up clicking on the sidebar at Sonja's blog.

So happy to hear Katie's getting better, and came home. Yeah God! We'll continue to pray, and for you as well my dear friend...

Crown of Beauty said...

Praise God Katie's improving... and so are you! Hurry up and get well soon. Miss your sweet and cheerful presence on blogworld.

Chicken soup is the best remedy for a cough and a cold!

Love
Lidj

Related Posts with Thumbnails