March 14, 2011

TODAY'S QUICK THOUGHT.......WHATEVER!



"Take this to rule:  WHATEVER weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off your relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind THAT THING is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself."
Susanna Wesley
(letter to son John Wesley, June 8, 1725)

Investigate my life, Oh God,
find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong -
then guide me on the road to eternal life.
Psalm 139:23-24 MSG

Have a blessed week! 


HE IS FAITHFUL!


Photobucket
Image via Google Images
Pin It!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Susanna Wesley is a favorite of mine. I can't remember why I first started reading more about her (and from her) but I think God gave her an uncanny gift of wisdom.

She nails this one on the head.
I have too many whatevers in my life!

Andrea said...

Oh LORD, please forgive me for failing you. Please somehow use my failing for your good will and purpose.

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

A beautiful post! Love her prayer, yes investigate me!
kim

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

oh this is so strong Jackie! It is such a reminder to 'obey God on THAT issue'! We know what THAT issue is in our own lives.

Great post friend!

xo

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I have some "whatevers" I need to take care of. Thanks for this reminder. :-)

Sandy said...

Wonderfully wise words to heed
for sure. Love the things that
great woman had to say. And I
too need the Lord to continue
His investigation of my life
and show me who I am and where
I fall short.
Love,
Sandy

Colleen said...

Love this Jackie! I'm going to copy it down, I have often thought it but never put it to words! Thank you my dear!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails