June 12, 2012

BEACH TIME AND GOODBYES....



Hey Y'all!

Sorry I haven't been blog visiting much lately - things have been crazy busy in my neck of the woods for the last several weeks!  Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your summer!


We're heading to Florida tomorrow for awhile, but it's kinda bitter sweet, y'all.  Our dear sil is leaving for a nine month deployment next week so we are looking forward to spending as much time as possible with Bryan before he leaves and then seeing him off....goodbyes are so difficult!  Would appreciate your prayers for him as well as our daughter Katie. Being a military spouse is often a difficult road and deployments can be tough.


After Bryan has departed, we are looking forward to alot of beach time...whoo! hooo!  My fav place is chilling beneath the Jacksonville Beach pier and taking long walks on the beach....nothing beats ocean breezes and sand between my toes, y'all!

And Katie and I are also looking forward to having some serious retail therapy fun at our fav outlet malls in St. Augustine, FL!...Luv St. Augustine!!!  And maybe in Orlando, too!  







And then! Whooo! Hooo!.....I'm planning on taking a road trip of my own to Charleston and Savannah while my hubs does some fishing..can't wait!!!!!.....
  




And last and certainly NOT least.....This Georgia gal's gotta get her fill of the South and alot of Southern cookin' while she can......Lord knows, I can't get cheese grits, fried chicken, down home grown veggies, biscuits and gravy and sweet potato pie and real sweet tea in Arizona....mercy y'all!




So after I've spent just about every waking moment at the beach,  shopping, eating and road tripin', I guess I'll have to head back home to Phoenix where it will probably be a blazing 112 degrees and get back on my diet (arg!) and start counting the days until I can head back south again, y'all!  :))

See ya when I get back!!

 Sweet Blessings!
Photobucket
Pin It!

14 comments:

Patrinas Pencil said...

So glad that you get to enjoy the summer. Sounds like lots of fun filled days. Will be remembering your SIL during this time. It is so very hard to say such goodbyes. I pray the Lord's mighty hand be upon his comings and his goings. May He go before him and light the darkness around him. May He keep his foot from slipping. May He be the lifter of his head and give him His peace.

Blessings to you and yours, Jackie

Patrina <")>><

Gay Idle said...

Praying for you and yours today! Have a blast on your trip! I have really been behind on all of my writing and blogging and reading. Our new puppy is keeping me pretty busy!
blessings to you!!
Gay

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What fun you have on the horizon. Hubby and I went to Charleston in April and had an absolutely wonderful time!

Blessings to your SIL as he goes on behalf of our country.

You'll have lots and lots to share when you return and we'll look forward to hearing and seeing.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Please tell Bryan, "thanks for serving and be safe!". And you have a great time; are you going to eat at Paula's in Savannah?

Nana Jul said...

I love Katie's new hairdoo! So cute. I hope you have a wonderful time! Make some memories! I will keep Katie and Bryan in my prayers!
Luv ya sista!
Julie

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is nice to read...glad you got to spend time in the South. Deployment is so tough...I appreciate the sacrifices

Saleslady371 said...

Praying for Katie & Bryan for God's protection and strength. So hard to say goodbye. Have fun in the south; I think the closest thing that comes to southern food in AZ is Marie Calendar's. Triple digits await your return my friend!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Jackie! Enjoy each moment of family, food, and fellowship!

peace~elaine

Terri Tiffany said...

Hope you enjoy your time in Fl!!

Aliene said...

Thanks for the video and prayer. It blesses and encourages to know someone cares. I'm from the south, also. Louisiana and I understand that southern that southern accent and that good southern food. Bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just hopped over from "Goose Hill Farm".

Your killing me! The food looks so delicious. I LOVE this kind of good eating!

Blessings,
Kathleen

LisaShaw said...

Hi Jackie,

Just popping in to say Hi and hopeful that all is well with you and your family.

I pray a hedge of protection over Bryan and your daughter and family. Thank Bryan for his service! I appreciate him and your daughter --the sacrificing they are both making.

I hope you enjoyed your shopping, beach time and all that good eating!!!

Blessings to you!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hey Jackie... just checking in. I wanted you to know that my 2nd book released this week, "Beyond Cancer's Scars: Laying Claim to a Stronger Spirit." I pray it will be an encouragement to anyone who is facing a struggling/suffering season.

I'd love for you to stop by and see the book trailer. Hope you are well.

peace~elaine

Linda said...

Have a wonderful time and looking forward to catching up when you are back blogging!

Related Posts with Thumbnails